A new, beautiful smile in one day!
WHAT IS AN ALL-ON-4 DENTAL IMPLANT PROCEDURE?
In simple terms, you can enjoy a new, beautiful smile in just one day!
All-on-4 hybrid procedure replaces all missing teeth or severely damaged teeth using dental implants. This is all done on the same day. Patients can walk home with full set of fixed teeth, which may be upper, lower, or both arches.
You can maintain optimal oral function and aesthetics with All-on-4 same-day teeth replacement. Using state-of-the-art technology, All-on-4 replaces traditional dentures. Traditional dentures are removable and may be uncomfortable and inconvenient for some and can cause difficulty in chewing and speech.
More often, the anxiety of dental implant surgery lies in the uncertainty or lack of information. Rest assured that we at Beaches Dentistry will be thorough with our answers and make sure all your questions are answered.
WHAT ARE BENEFITS OF ALL-ON-4 TREATMENT?
- You’ll never have to worry about your false teeth slipping or falling out while you eat or engage in conversation.
- There will be no need for denture adhesive.
- You’ll also feel no need to remove your denture every night to clean and soak in a cup overnight. (You still have to brush the fixed teeth every day, just like you would if you had natural teeth.)
- All-on-4 implants are secure, and the closest to a natural teeth feeling. You can take a bite of an apple without worrying about teeth falling out or dislodging.
- Enjoy food you were unable to chew with dentures or teeth that were in failing health.
- All-on-4 restores beautiful customized aesthetics with a confident smile.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE CONSULTATION APPOINTMENT FOR ALL-ON-4 DENTAL IMPLANTS?
- Our prosthodontist, Dr. Nodesh, will go over your health history and perform a thorough examination with the necessary diagnostics to determine if you are a candidate for the All-on-4 protocol.
- We perform diagnostics such as photos, intraoral digital scan, and 3D X-ray using cone beam computerized tomography to evaluate the bone and create a 3D computer-generated model.
- Dr. Nodesh will ask you questions related to your dental concerns, goals, and expectations. He will also obtain primary impressions to evaluate and fabricate a full set of teeth for the surgical day.
- Based on all the information Dr. Nodesh gathers from you at this appointment, he will spend time planning the procedure after you leave the office.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY OF PROCEDURE OR SURGERY DAY?
- The procedure can be performed under oral sedation as per patients’ request.
- The procedure will take around 3 to 5 hours.
- Your prosthodontist, Dr. Nodesh, will make sure you are comfortable and may make certain recommendations for you to follow pre-procedure.
- If there are remaining diseased teeth, they will be removed and implants will be placed in preplanned locations. Dr. Nodesh will then remove any diseased or infected tissue from your jaw and gums.
- You will have some sutures placed. Typically, they are self-resorbable and don’t require removal on a later day. Rarely, they may need removal and Dr. Nodesh will inform you.
- Typically, a prosthodontist will place two implants in the front and two in the back; hence the name, All-on-4. However, if additional implants are needed and anatomy permits, they will be provided at a $0 additional fee.
- Dr. Nodesh will attach teeth to the newly placed dental implants. These fixed teeth will stay in place and the patient is not able to remove them, unlike a traditional denture. These teeth stay in place as the adjacent tissue is healing. Healing tissue will shrink and will cause a less-than-ideal fit of the fixed teeth.
- The shrinkage may continue for up to 3 to 5 months. Once all the tissue has reached a more long-term state, these teeth will be replaced by a new set that will fit even better.
- Post surgery, you will be prescribed antibiotics, pain medication, and antiseptic mouthwash.
- Detailed verbal and written post-surgical instructions will be given.
WHAT TO EXPECT POST SURGERY FOR AN ALL-ON-4 IMPLANT PROCEDURE?
- It is an outpatient surgery, so expect some swelling and bruising.
- Some soreness around the surgical area is normal.
- Generalized discomfort is usually minimal and may last only 1 or 2 days if all instructions are followed.
- Written instructions are provided and patient-specific instructions are also discussed by Dr. Nodesh.
- He will advise a follow-up visit to monitor healing. Do not make any out-of-town plans immediately after the surgery.
WHEN CAN I START EATING?
You can start eating as soon as you are comfortable. Dr. Nodesh will discuss patient-specific instructions with you at your appointment. All-on-4 does not cause ulcers as you are getting use to them, the way dentures can.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO HEAL FROM THE ALL-ON-4 PROCEDURE?
- It takes 3 to 5 months for the dental implants to integrate with your bone. This is biology at work: Your bone cells grow on the implant surface to integrate as one. This gives the dental implant the stability it needs.
- In 3 to 5 months, final impressions will be made and a definitive set of long-term teeth will be fabricated. These teeth will have even better strength for long-term functions.